Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Leap Pest Control thermal heat treatment division provides our clients with the most effective solution to your bed bug problem. Our bed bug elimination team uses the newest and most effective equipment and training to provide you with an effective solution to your bed bug problems. From your initial call to us or to your final inspection Leap Pest Control will be with you each step of the way.
How does our bed bug thermal heat team treat your home?
- We strategically set up our heat equipment in locations where the heat will be most effectively delivered to your home.
- Once temps reach 125°F we will turn on our fans so that we can deliver our heat to bed bug harbourage areas.
- Once temp reaches 135°F we maintain this temp for several hours which in turn kills any live bed bugs.
- After treatment we will dust using Diatomaceous Earth or a permethrin based dust behind outlet and switch plate covers. A small amount of residual spray may be applied in certain circumstances to cracks and crevices for long term protection as well.
- Optional – but recommended – use of mattress encasements to help protect your bed and box spring. If encasements are purchased through us we will provide 10% off total encasement purchases as well as free installment at time of heat treatment.
- Climb up bed bug monitors are placed underneath each bed leg for monitoring purposes.
- Customer is provided a detailed report of the bed bug heat treatment.
- After treatment is done we will send our canine inspection team in to your home to make sure all bed bugs have been eliminated. Inspection takes place between a period of 7 to 21 days after treatment depending on the usage of chemical.
Why is heat so effective?
- Kills all life stages of bed bugs from egg to adult faster and in most cases in a single treatment.
Penetrates bed bug harborage areas, such as; behind baseboards, inside mattresses, inside wall cavities, inside electronic equipment, clothing, furniture, door and window frames and any other area bed bugs may desire to live and or lay eggs and where chemicals cannot be applied.
- There is no resistance to heat, as there is with chemicals. 122°F kills bed bugs of all stages within seconds.
- Greatly reduces use of chemicals in your living environment.
- Preparation for heat treatment service is minimal, as compared to chemical treatment.
- Don’t have to throw out furniture, personal belongs and saving yourself a lot of money.
If you have any further questions or would like us to come out to your home to provide you with a quote and an information package, that will help you step-by-step to get through this emotional time, feel free to call (416) 805-5327 and we will help you each step of the way.